The need of BHV first aid course
The aim of the BHV first aid training is to acquire skills to minimize damage and save lives in emergency situations. An incident can take place at any time at any company. That is why the BHV requires that every company among its employs has one or more people trained to deliver emergency services. The number depends on the size of the business, the activities and the risks of these business activities. The calculation is often based on: one company emergency officer on every 10 employees.
The employee (s) responsible by the company must have certain skills.The purpose of the company emergency response training is to teach and train harm reduction and life-saving actions in case of industrial accidents and emergency situations.
Goal of the BHV first aid course
The participant of the course can:
- combat starting fires afterwards,
- apply lifesaving actions and resuscitate with an AED.
- Providing a safe business premises
- Ensure security risks are mitigated
- Continuously assess their business and its practices for safety and security risks
- Implement measures for promoting safety and controlling risks
It is important that an employer ensures:
- that all employees are aware of their own WHS obligations and conform to them
- insurance and worker’s compensation policies are kept up to date and relevant
- machinery and materials are safe, safely maintained and used correctly
- goods and substances are handled and used safely
- workplace layout and work systems are safe
- a safe and suitable work environment is maintained
- facilities are safe and suitable
The trainee also knows what to do in case of evacuation, evacuation and in various emergency situations. Company emergency responders are able to prevent dangerous situations at work and damage to employees and visitors of the company as much as possible.
Benefits for an employer:
- A reduction in public liability claims
- A decrease in loss from security concerns
- A minimised risk of injury or illness in the workplace or business premises
- A reduction in public liability claims
- A lower cost of worker’s compensation
- A higher staff retention
- An increase in employee productivity
The BHV course is intended for employees who take responsibility for the company emergency response in the organization. No specific prior education is required.
Content of BHV firs aid course
The exact content is determined in consultation with the course participants or with the company as the client and depends on the wishes and the target group.
The following training modules will in any case be offered:
- First Aid (EHBO)
- Save lifesaving
- Types of extinguishers and their use
- Evacuation and reporting procedures
The training consists of a theory and a practical part. In the theoretical part, the topics are discussed in short presentations and discussions. Situation sketches are given, after which appropriate actions are presented. There are also questions about practical situations of the students themselves.
The practical assignments are carried out individually and sometimes in pairs in a course by the participants. It includes, among other things, the presentation of extinguishing agents and the practice of resuscitation. The trainer assesses everyone’s skills individually.
The course is concluded with an exam. After taking the theory test, the participants with a good result have a certificate of participation that is valid for one year.
The training consists of two sessions, which usually takes place in one day.
The theory section is regularly organized in the VCA Talen Training Center. Practical training sessions also take place at a different location at the request of the client.
For registration or more information, please contact our office.
for employees who take responsibility for the company emergency response in the organization. No specific prior education is required.
Rijswijk, Nijmegen or clients location (if you have a suitable location and equipment)
issued after passing the exam, certificate valid for 2 years
Dutch, English, German, Polish, Slovak, Greek, Lithuanian, French, Croatian, Romanian, Hungarian, Turkish, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Bulgarian and Russian.
Free parking (at training centre locations)
Free lunch and coffee (at training centre locations)
equipment available at training centre locations (customer makes available at customer locations)
Need of booking – group of min. 8 people, booking a date that must be agreed with the customer
Exam – theory